May 02, 2012
Hercules introduces all-season Terra Trac D/T
“The addition of the Terra Trac D/T gives our dealers the opportunity to offer the Terra Trac name and reputation for quality to their commercial customers," says Simpson. It also offers existing Terra Trac enthusiasts an option for their heavy-duty fitments.
The new premium, multi-purpose Terra Trac D/T traction tire from Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. is designed for on- and off-road applications.
The all-season tire "combines the best performance characteristics of our Terra Trac A/T and Trail Digger M/T -- excellent handling and off-road muscle," according to the company.
It features the following:
* enhanced stud hole placements for solid winter traction;
* lateral channel grooves that evacuate mud and snow for uncompromised traction;
* beveled tread block edges to promote traction and uniform wear;
* aggressive shoulder design, which maximizes traction and rugged appearance;
* a deep tread that provides versatile all-season, all-surface performance.
The tire also has a mud and snow rating, and is pinned for studs.
“A deep tread means less slippage, and the more a tire can dig in, the more torque your truck can produce," says Joshua Simpson, vice president of marketing for Hercules. "Simply put, the Terra Trac D/T allows truck owners to get the most out of their trucks -- whether in deep mud or gravel on job sites, on winter roads, or in grassy or sandy farm fields."
Hercules backs the Terra Trac D/T with road hazard protection. It is available in 10 sizes with rim diameters ranging from 15 to 18 inches.
For more information regarding sizes and specifications, visit www.herculestire.com.