DENSO Corp. will be well-represented at two upcoming events thousands of miles apart. One is in Detroit, Mich. The other is in Beijing, China.
1. DENSO International America Inc. will present seven technical papers throughout the duration of 2012 SAE World Congress, which is being held April 24-26 at Cobo Center in Detroit. DENSO also is the lanyard sponsor, and has been an SAE World Congress sponsor for the last 12 consecutive years.
* Tuesday, April 24: "Automotive Electric System Level Design Methodologies with System," "Reliability of SiC-MOSFET for hybrid vehicle" and "Virtual Development of Engine ECU by Modeling Technology,"
* Wednesday, April 25: "New evaluation method of transient and non-uniform environment in a passenger compartment."
* Thursday, April 26:"Evaporator With Integrated Ejector for Automotive Cabin Cooling," "Application of Optimization Algorithm to the HVAC Configuration Design" and "Development of Spark Plug for Ion Current Misfire Detection System."
2. DENSO Corp. will exhibit its latest technologies and products that connect people, vehicles, and society at booth W1-W06 at the 2012 Beijing International Automotive Exhibition (Auto China 2012). The show will be held at the China International Exhibition Center and will be open to the public from Friday, Apr. 27, to Wednesday, May 2.
The company's main exhibit, the Synchronized Concept, is a cockpit simulator that allows visitors to experience how people, vehicles, and society will “connect” to each other in real time to make driving more safe, convenient, and enjoyable. The cockpit will feature technologies such as driver drowsiness detection and a points of interest (POI) display that will show rest areas or other POIs on the navigation systems.
Location, location, location
To expand its business in the growing Chinese market, DENSO will expand and relocate its technical center, which is located in Shanghai and serves as part of DENSO’s regional headquarters in China.
The technical center will employ more than twice as many people as it does now, with about 7.2 billion yen (approximately $89 million) to be invested by the end of fiscal year ending March 2014. It is scheduled to start operations at its new site in June 2013.
“With this expansion, we aim to improve customer service and product competitiveness by designing more products locally and offering more market-specific designs,” says Yasushi Yamanaka, executive director in charge of DENSO’s Engineering Research and Development Center.
As part of this relocation and expansion, the new technical center will add large test facilities, including a wind tunnel, to upgrade its product design and development capabilities.
Vendor of the Year
DENSO Sales California Inc. was awarded the 2011 Vendor of the Year Award from XL Parts at XL's annual Installer Open House in Houston, Texas, on March 24. The DENSO Corp. subsidiary received the award for outstanding sales, service, and dedication to XL Parts throughout 2011.
XL Parts sells components exclusively to automotive installers and has more than 50 locations throughout Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana.
For more information on DENSO in the United States, visit www.densocorp-na-dsca.com.