The new premium, multi-purpose Terra Trac D/T traction tire from Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. is designed for on- and off-road applications.
The all-season tire "combines the best performance characteristics of our Terra Trac A/T and Trail Digger M/T -- excellent handling and off-road muscle," according to the company.
It features the following:
* enhanced stud hole placements for solid winter traction;
* lateral channel grooves that evacuate mud and snow for uncompromised traction;
* beveled tread block edges to promote traction and uniform wear;
* aggressive shoulder design, which maximizes traction and rugged appearance;
* a deep tread that provides versatile all-season, all-surface performance.
The tire also has a mud and snow rating, and is pinned for studs.
“A deep tread means less slippage, and the more a tire can dig in, the more torque your truck can produce," says Joshua Simpson, vice president of marketing for Hercules. "Simply put, the Terra Trac D/T allows truck owners to get the most out of their trucks -- whether in deep mud or gravel on job sites, on winter roads, or in grassy or sandy farm fields."
Hercules backs the Terra Trac D/T with road hazard protection. It is available in 10 sizes with rim diameters ranging from 15 to 18 inches.
For more information regarding sizes and specifications, visit www.herculestire.com.