DENSO Products and Services Americas Inc. has introduced a GK3-7 Iridium Saver Plug for natural gas engines featuring a three-prong design to physically block rapid gas flow, which allows the proper spark to be generated.
The company says other technological advantages include:
* monolithic insulator structure that improves reliability while providing stable performance;
* stress resistant monolithic resistor that withstands the high combustion pressures to deliver reliable performance while eliminating interference to electronic equipment from high energy coil noise;
* 360° laser welding that creates a seal so the electrode resists wear, even under extreme engine conditions ;
* patented iridium alloy that dramatically improves ignitability while maintaining longevity;
* high dielectric ceramics that feature finer grain, molded-in higher pressure and higher density compared to conventional ceramics to prevent electrical breakdown of the insulator; and
* nickel plating that provides superior corrosive resistance compared to zinc plating .
“There is no doubt about it; the trend toward natural gas engines is here to stay and will only continue to grow as EPA regulations tighten,” says Fran Labun, vice president, sales group.
“This product supports the new green natural gas technology that has become the favorite of many municipality transit buses, refuse vehicles and taxi cabs.”
Established in 1971, DENSO Products and Services Americas was the first overseas affiliate of DENSO Corp., based in Japan. For more information, go to www.densoheavyduty.com.