Yokohama Tire Corp. has expanded its iceGUARD winter tire line. The iceGUARD iG52c is now available in the U.S. in 39 sizes for vehicles ranging from the Mercedes C Class to the Toyota Prius.
Features of the new product include:
* a triple-action compound that adapts to different weather conditions with a unique carbon/silica construction that whisks away water from the road surface for aggressive grip;
* a high density molecular configuration combined with flexible polymer for a more stable tread block and longer, more even wear;
* extra-wide center rib and large control blocks maximize road contact for greater stability in wet, dry and icy conditions;
* wet traction-circumferential power grooves that evacuate water from beneath the tire to improve slush, snow and water drainage from the inside out; and
* triple 3D sipes that enhance block rigidity for excellent stability on dry and wet surfaces while creating more biting edges for traction on snowy and icy roads.
“The iceGUARD iG52c is extremely versatile for one of the most unpredictable seasons,” says Andrew Briggs, Yokohama director, marketing and product planning.
“Our engineers developed a tread compound with aggressive grip and confident handling on both slick roads and dry pavement – so drivers can take on any winter condition.”
For more information on Yokohama’s extensive product line, visit www.yokohamatire.com.