Exhibit space is sold out for the 2014 Latin American & Caribbean Tyre Expo, July 23-25 at the Atlapa Convention Center in Panama City, Republic of Panama. Organizers announced speakers for the event, which is expected to draw 3,500 visitors from 40 countries.
Organizers say 230 companies will exhibit. They include Pirelli Colombia, Cooper Tires, Continental Tire Mexico, Bridgestone Tire Costa Rica, Goodyear Central America, Sailun Tires, Triangle Tyre, Double Coin Latin America, Euromaster, S.A. / Michelin, GT Radial Tires, Titan Tire Corp., TBC International, CEAT Limited, BKT and Aeolus.
Six speakers are scheduled to address a range of topics. They are:
* Matt White, director of tire service, Tire Industry Association (TIA): “TIA Technician Training-Tire Safety Starts Here.”
* Sergio Prada, general manager, Bridgestone de Colombia SAS: “Changes and Innovation.”
* Alejandro Martinez Avila, marketing manager, Cooper Tire & Rubber de Mexico: “The importance of brands in the market.”
* Ignacio Javier Mendoza Altamirano, director, Continental Tire de México: “Continental's promise is with security and the environment.”
* Heriberto Romero, director general, Hules Banda, Mexico: “Environmental tendancies en la retread industry.”
* David Stevens, managing director, Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau.:“The environmental impact of retreading.”
This is the fifth year for the show, which is the largest exhibition in the tire, wheel, and equipment industry in Latin America and the Caribbean.
To register as a visitor, receive expo updates and see a complete exhibitor list visit www.latintyreexpo.com.
Bob Ulrich was named Modern Tire Dealer editor in August 2000. He joined the magazine in 1985 as assistant editor, and has been responsible for gathering statistical information for MTD's "Facts Issue" since 1993.