DENSO Corp. has announced a significant increase in part number coverage for its line of spark plugs, direct ignition coils and wire sets. The latest catalog (SPIWDIC-CAT-0314), available in print or electronic form, covers 239 million units in operation (UIO) for spark plugs, 157 million UIO for coils, and 207 million UIO for wire sets.
“With 12 new direct ignition coil and eight new spark plug part numbers, we now offer additional direct ignition coil coverage for many Ford, Toyota, Jaguar, Isuzu, and Saab vehicles, plus spark plugs for late-model Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Acura, Nissan, Infiniti and Volkswagen vehicles,” notes Fran Labun, vice president, Sales Group, DENSO Corp. Products and Services Americas Inc.
The line-up of DENSO spark plugs includes:
* U-Groove – A patented design that enables complete combustion by allowing the spark to fill the gap created by the U-shaped ground electrode.
* Platinum TT – Technology with a new platinum/titanium design that’s customized for today’s value-minded and fuel economy sensitive customer.
* Double Platinum – Features platinum on both the center and ground electrodes for sustained performance over 60,000 miles.
* Iridium Long Life – Using a new 360 degree laser-welding process and patented iridium alloy for optimum ignitability and spark-plug life.
* Iridium Power –With a small center electrode, it can withstand temperatures greater than 4,000 degrees Fahrenheit, These plugs deliver maximum spark energy to improve performance during acceleration for high-performance and power-sports applications.
* Iridium Racing – This spark plug is designed for the serious racer. It is engineered to be reliable under the highest speeds and loads, maximizing track time and minimizing downtime.
For more information, go to www.densoautoparts.com.
Bob Ulrich was named Modern Tire Dealer editor in August 2000. He joined the magazine in 1985 as assistant editor, and has been responsible for gathering statistical information for MTD's "Facts Issue" since 1993.