Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is expanding its Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Network in the Greensboro, N.C., market.
“North Carolina is home to many commercial trucking fleets, and Greensboro is a very important market for Goodyear,” says Phillip Kane, vice president, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems.
Goodyear says its commercial services include:
* commercial truck tires for applications from long-haul and mixed-service to regional and pickup and delivery and more;
* exclusive technologies like Goodyear DuraSeal Technology, which instantly seals nail-hole punctures of up to ¼-inch in diameter in the repairable area of a tire’s tread, and Goodyear Fuel Max Technology, which incorporates fuel-saving compounds and advanced design technology to help promote energy efficiency and fuel economy;
* a full line of retread products, including Goodyear’s spliceless UniCircle Technology, which adheres snugly to a tire’s casing to provide enhanced traction and reduce tearing and chunking;
* more than 2,200 tire and service locations from coast to coast;
* Goodyear-FleetHQ 24/7 Emergency Roadside Service,with provides roll-time of two hours and 11 minutes from the moment a truck driver notifies Goodyear-FleetHQ to the moment his or her truck returns to service.
* Goodyear Tire Trac, which allows fleets to monitor tire installations, the performance of individual tires, and other data; and
* Goodyear Smart Fleet program, which provides owner-operators through mid-size fleets with the benefits available to large, national fleets.
“Adding a first-rate, quality service provider and network location in Greensboro will provide fleets that operate in – or pass through – that metropolitan area with access to Goodyear’s Total Package Solution, which will help them lower their operating costs,” Kane says.
For more information on the company’s commercial services, visit www.goodyeartrucktires.com.
Bob Ulrich was named Modern Tire Dealer editor in August 2000. He joined the magazine in 1985 as assistant editor, and has been responsible for gathering statistical information for MTD's "Facts Issue" since 1993.