The Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau (TRIB) and the Tread Rubber and Tire Repair Materials Manufacturers' Group (TRMG) have updated their recommendations for retreading and repairing tires.
The newest version of “Industry Recommended Practices for Tire Retreading & Tire Repairing (IRP)” is available for purchase now.
Customers are able to purchase the entire document or individual sections relevant to their industries. The cost for the documents has been significantly reduced to increase distribution throughout the tire retread and repair industries, according to the organizations.
The versions and their costs are:
* Complete IRP: $50.00 for CD or hard copy;
* Retreading Radial Passenger Car and Light Truck Radial Fabric Body Ply Tires: $25.00 for CD or hard copy;
* Retreading Medium Truck, Heavy Radial Truck and Bus Tires: $25.00 for CD or hard copy;
* Repairing Radial Passenger Car and Light Truck Radial Fabric Body Ply Tires: $25.00 for CD or hard copy;
* Repairing Medium Truck, Heavy Radial Truck and Bus Tire: $25.00 for CD or hard copy; and
* Guidelines for Truck Tire Reinforced Shoulder Repair: $10.00 for CD or hard copy.
TRIB is the sole agent for distribution and general dissemination of these documents. Current TRIB members will receive a 50% discount on the purchase price of any of these documents.
“TRMG is happy to announce the availability of the latest edition of our recommended practices document,” says Phil Boarts, president of TRMG.
“In addition to updating the material from our 2010 version, we also decided to offer the IRP in individual sections to allow customers to choose the documents that best meets their needs. We're also excited to be able to offer the IRPs at significantly lower costs to achieve the widest adoption possible.”
Learn more about the IRP document and purchase them by visiting the TRIB online store or calling TRIB at 703-533-7677.
Bob Ulrich was named Modern Tire Dealer editor in August 2000. He joined the magazine in 1985 as assistant editor, and has been responsible for gathering statistical information for MTD's "Facts Issue" since 1993.