TheTire Industry Association (TIA) has released the slate of candidates for the 2014 board of directors election. The TIA membership will vote in open elections to place six individuals onto the TIA board for three-year terms.
The following is a list of the nominees for TIA's board of directors:
- Alpio Barbara, Redwood General Tire Pros, Redwood City, Calif.;
- Steve Burhenn, Becker Tire & Treading Inc., Great Bend, Kan.;
- Daniel Childers, Tire Centers LLC (TCi), Duncan, S.C.;
- John Evankovich, Sam's Club, Bentonville, Ark.;
- David French, Travel Centers of America, Concordia, Mo.;
- Robert Frick, Standard Motor Products, Columbia, S.C.;
- Robert Hendry, 31 Inc., Newcomerstown, Ohio;
- Scot Holloway, Bartec USA LLC, Sterling Heights, Mich.;
- Bill Johnson,- Tech International, Johnstown, Ohio;
- David Jones, Sonsio Inc., Arvada, Colo.;
- Chris Monroe, Monroe Tire & Service, Shelby, N.C.;
- Michael Pursley, Wegmann automotive USA Inc., Murfreesboro, Tenn.;
- W Rippetoe, Schrader International Inc., Auburn Hills, Mich.;
- Craig Sumerel, AAA/Bob Sumerel Tire Co. Inc., Cincinnati, Ohio;
- Jason Williams, Jack Williams Tire Co. Inc., Scranton, Pa.; and
- Stu Zurcher, Strategic Alliance Group Inc., Indianapolis.
Current TIA members with voting rights can view the nominees' photos and biographies and cast their ballot online by clicking here.
Election materials have also been mailed to the primary contacts at all eligible TIA member companies. Ballots may be faxed to (301) 430-7283 or mailed to TIA's office at 1532 Pointer Ridge Pl., Suite G, Bowie, Md. 20716.
The voting period ends Sept. 1, 2014. Results of the election will be announced in mid-September, with the new board members taking office on Nov. 3 at TIA's annual meeting at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.