True to its word, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is officially introducing its Assurance All-Season tire to its retail outlets this month.
In January, the company unveiled the latest member to the Assurance family at its 2014 Dealer Conference in Nashville. Orders were taken, but the tire would not be available throughout the United States and Canada until July.
And here it is. The consumer tire is designed with three major characteristics in mind.
1. Good all-season traction.
2. Long tread wear.
“Many drivers want a practical tire for use in a range of weather conditions," sums up Paul Raymondo, Goodyear's North America consumer brand manager.
The Assurance All-Season completes the Assurance family, which includes the ComforTred Touring, TripleTred All-Season and Fuel Max lines. Technical features of the tire include:
* multiple biting edges, "offering great all-season traction in wet, dry and snowy conditions," says the company.
* wide tread grooves "to help evacuate water and slush for enhanced wet traction."
* an optimized tread pattern for "reducing road noise for a quieter ride."
* large, stable shoulder blocks "for confident dry and wet handling."
Goodyear backs the Assurance All-Season with a 65,000-mile limited tread wear warrant. It will be available in 41 sizes ranging from 185/70R14 88T to 225/60R18 100 H.
Fifteen sizes are now being shipped, with the remaining 26 sizes available by Sept. 1 -- ahead of the original schedule. The tires are being produced in the company's Lawton, Okla., and Gadsden, Ala., tire plants.