Hunter Engineering Co. is offering visitors to its Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show booth the chance to win a SmartWeight Touch wheel balancer.
The inaugural meeting of the Automotive Dealer Council was held at Net Driven's new headquarters in Scranton, Pa., on July 17, 2014.
Formed by Net Driven, the council is made up of "dealers on the front line," according to the company. They will meet periodically "to examine challenges in the automotive industry... and develop new solutions."
The first council meeting focused on the tire industry, with more than 100 dealers from across the United States and Canada participating in a program moderated by the Tire Industry Association (TIA).
Here are some of the issues, some in the form of questions, addressed at the meeting, with answers and observations from the participants.
Issue: online pricing pros and cons
* Tire Rack created online pricing.
* Chinese companies are not pricing tires online.
* Barry Steinberg, CEO of Direct Tire & Auto Service in Watertown, Mass., says he will begin posting tire prices online Aug. 1.
Issue: How has technology changed the way your employees learn?
* Manufacturers offer webinars.
* Tire salespeople have to educate consumers about tire technology.
Issue: Where do you find industry trends?
* 20 Groups.
* Michelin classes.
* SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) Show.
* Trade magazines.
* Tire e-news.
* Non-competing businesses (i.e., department store, Apple store) in order to understand what other successful businesses do.
* News feeds/video.
* Fixed Ops magazine.
Issue: What have you done to ensure your continued success through positive and negative economic fluctations?
* Formulated a strategic plan.
* "Figure out where you are and where you need to be and how to get there. Prioritize customer service, and service customers beyond their expectations."
* "We make sure our salespeople are well-trained."
* Consistancy: every day, every car, every time, even when the economy is bad.
* Join a 20 Group -- "I should've joined 20 years ago."
* Go over goals daily.
* "Step back and look at your operation, be honest with yourself. Trim fat but keep marketing and advertising.
* Work harder and smarter.
* Keep employees healthy (improve health benefits). Build on trust. Brand your business through social media. Give a customer the "celebrity experience."
Issue: What added value services are you providing to help maintain profitability and increase value for the customer?
* Offer a free oil change with "each tire" purchased. So buy four tires, get four free oil changes -- or free alignment -- or free road hazard warranty.
* Drive-thru express oil change. Snow tire storage. Loaner cars. Low price oil change gives you opportunities for upselling preventative maintenance ("educate how this will help the consumer in the long run"). Low price guarantee for in-store and online purchases.
* Pandora radio advertising.
Net Driven, the business name of Local Focal Inc., is a leading provider of website and Internet marketing solutions for tire dealers and new and used car retailers in the United States and Canada. To learn more about Net Driven and its complete portfolio of service offerings, visit www.netdriven.com.
Meineke Car Care Centers LLC will provide free oil changes to American service men and women on Veterans Day.
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. will report third quarter 2016 financial results on Friday, Oct. 28, followed by an investor conference call at 9 a.m.
Cardone Industries, Inc. has created three managing director roles as part of a new sales leadership structure. The three new managing directors report directly to CEO Stan Gowisnock.
A Michelin North America Inc. plant in Tuscaloosa, Ala. is celebrating 70 years of tire manufacturing. Originally constructed to produce material for the war effort, the plant manufactured its first tire on Oct. 23, 1946, and has since produced nearly 490 million BFGoodrich tires.
Pro Comp USA has added two 22-inch sizes to its Xtreme MT2 line. They are available for order and shipment, according to the company.
Federal tires are returning to Las Vegas! Federal Corp. says it is celebrating its return to the Specialty Equipment Market (SEMA) Show with "bigger-than-ever exhibits."
Richard Kramer was not the only one on hand to christen the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.'s newest blimp. So was Akron native Savannah James.
Big O Tires LLC and its franchisees have raised more than $72,000 for scholarships in 2016, the most in the history of the Big O Tires Scholarship Fund program.
The Car Care Council Women’s Board has named Amy Bonder, vice president of sales and strategy for Bridgestone Retail Operations LLC, the recipient of its 2016 Auto Care Woman of the Year award.
Hankook Tire America Corp. wanted to get more out of its partnership with the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) charity. So it doubled the number of Hankook-sponsored DAV Mobile Service Office (MSO) stops this year.
Kenda USA developed the Kenda Klever H/T2 KR600 to be a versatile and value-priced light truck tire for highway driving.
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. posted net income of $17.5 million on net sales of $248.6 million for its second quarter ended Sept. 24, 2016. That compares to income of more than $18.8 million on sales of $239.1 million for the same period last year.
31 Inc. says its new X-Ttra Seal TPMS rubber valve replacement parts assortment (17-21307) includes the most popular valve stem kits.
The Tire Industry Association's own Kevin Rohlwing will be a featured speaker at the 12th International Conference on Intelligent Tire Technology (ITT). The conference will be held Oct. 25-27, 2016, in Dresden, Germany.