The 31st annual Clemson University Global Tire Industry Conference will be held at the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort in Hilton Head, S.C., April 15-17, 2015.
Clemson University is now accepting papers for this conference, which is geared for the domestic and international tire industry, including the suppliers, customers and allied industries. ”It is designed to address developments throughout the fields of tire design, research, regulation and manufacturing in all areas, whether directly or indirectly involved in all parts of the tire industry,” say show organizers..
To submit a paper, send the paper title, a short summary/abstract of 250 to 350 words, and the speaker’s profile/bio to [email protected] or [email protected] before Nov. 1, 2014. Each confirmed speaker will be given a 35 minute presentation slot during the conference. The registration fee is waived for each confirmed speaker; however, each speaker is responsible for his/her travel and accommodation arrangements.
The four (4) conference sessions are: (1) Technology--Manufacturing, Design & Development; (2) Materials – Traditional and Non-Traditional; (3) Environmental – Efficiency and Sustainability; and (4) The General Tire Outlook– Regulatory, Legislative and Economic.
Some examples of presentation topics include:
* Economic and industry overview
* How to compete in today’s global tire market
* Truck manufacturer views on new regulations -- tire certification and truck fuel economy
* Latest and future issues for TPMS in the automotive and trucking markets
* The impact of tire labeling on consumers’ buying behavior or tire labeling requirements
* Tire rolling resistance- approach/improvement/effects
* Scrap and cost reduction in tire manufacturing
* Green technologies in the tire industry
For more information, see www.clemsontireconference.com.
Bob Ulrich was named Modern Tire Dealer editor in August 2000. He joined the magazine in 1985 as assistant editor, and has been responsible for gathering statistical information for MTD's "Facts Issue" since 1993.