The Tire Industry Association (TIA) is reminding its membership that the voting period for the 2014 TIA board of directors election ends on Sept. 1, 2014. TIA members with voting rights are encouraged to vote.
The elections will place six individuals onto the TIA board for three-year terms. The following is a list of the nominees:
- Alpio Barbara – Redwood General Tire Pros, Redwood City, Calif.
- Steve Burhenn – Becker Tire & Treading Inc., Great Bend, Kans.
- Daniel Childers – TCi Tire Centers, Duncan, S.C.
- John Evankovich – Sam’s Club, Bentonville, Ark.
- David French – Travel Centers of America, Concordia, Mo.
- Robert Frick – Standard Motor Products, Columbia, S.C.
- Robert Hendry – 31 Inc., Newcomerstown, Ohio
- Scot Holloway – Bartec USA LLC, Sterling Heights, Mich.
- Bill Johnson – Tech International, Johnstown, Ohio;
- David Jones – Sonsio, Arvada, Colo.
- Chris Monroe – Monroe Tire & Service, Shelby, N.C.
- Michael Pursley – Wegmann Automotive North America, Murfreesboro, Tenn.
- W. Rippetoe – Schrader International Inc., Auburn Hills, Mich.
- Craig Sumerel – AAA/Bob Sumerel Tire & Service, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Jason Williams – Jack Williams Tire Co., Scranton, Pa.
- Stu Zurcher – Strategic Alliance Group Inc., Indianapolis, Ind
Current TIA members with voting rights can view the nominees’ photos and biographies and cast their ballot online by clicking here. Election materials were mailed to the primary contacts at all eligible TIA member companies in July.
Ballots may also be faxed to (301) 430-7283 or mailed to TIA’s office in Bowie, Md. Results of the election will be announced in mid-September, with the new board members taking office on Nov. 3, 2014, at TIA’s Annual Meeting at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
For more information visit www.tireindustry.org or call (800) 876-8372.