Tire Rack Inc. compared four summer tires in the third set of results released from its 19th annual tire testing season.
The tires tested and a summary of Tire Rack’s findings follow:
Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 (Max Performance Summer, 245/40R18 97Y)
* Liked: Sharp steering and nimble handling.
* Improve: More wet traction
* Conclusion: A very good tire for drivers who want the feel of a sporty tire
Pirelli P Zero Nero GT (Max Performance Summer, 245/40R18 97Y)
* Liked: Capable handling and very good dry traction
* Improve: Increase wet traction a little
* Conclusion: A very good all-around performer
Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position (Max Performance Summer, 245/40R18 97Y)
* Liked: Balanced handling and competent road manners
* Improve: A little more ultimate grip
* Conclusion: A capable tire that does everything well
Continental ExtremeContact DW (Max Performance Summer, 245/40R18 97Y)
* Liked: Impressive wet traction and comfortable road manners
* Improve: More precise steering response and handling
* Conclusion: A great choice for anyone wanting solid overall capability
Tire Rack says the results show that all four tires tested performed well, and with enough variety across the group to allow nearly any performance-focused driver the ability to find a match for what best fits their needs.
Full test results can be viewed at www.tirerack.com/maxperfresults.
A short video of results can be seen at www.tirerack.com/maxperfvideo.