We know you want it, and we’ve got it. The 2016 Modern Tire Dealer 100 spans six pages and shows how you, and your fellow independent tire dealers, have grown. Here’s a quick link to download the list, plus five quick takeaways.
- Acquisitions remain a big influencer on the industry, and the top 10 reflects it. Read all about it in Ann Neal’s comprehensive story here.
- Only eight dealers have more than 100 stores. Tire Discounters Inc. was the latest to cross the triple-digit threshold. Three others are within striking distance: Belle Tire Distributors Inc., Town Fair Tire Centers Inc., and ATV Inc., dba American Tire Depot.
- Bruce Halle’s Discount Tire/America’s Tire has opened 16 stores since June 2015, and plans to open four more by the end of August 2016. (Want to see a list of every new location? Find it at the bottom of this story.)
- Last year’s Modern Tire Dealer Tire Dealer of the Year, Ricky Benton, owner of Black’s Tire Service Inc., moved up a spot, to No. 29 on this year’s list.
- There’s a 12-way tie for the 94th spot on the list.
Download the 2016 Modern Tire Dealer 100 here.