The first day of spring is upon us. That means the North American Tire & Retread Expo (NATRE) is just around the corner.
The third annual event will be held April 19-21, 2017, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. Close to 60 companies will be exhibiting on the trade show floor. They include tire manufacturers, retread equipment companies, auto service companies and tire recyclers. The educational conference, sponsored by Tire Business, is all but finalized. Here are the lasted additions to the conference agenda, which is broken up into two “tracks” or programs.
Retail Track, Wednesday
* Mike Hudgins, director of sales, Mighty Auto Parts: “12 Ways to Grow Service Profits in 2017.”
Retail Track, Thursday
* John Zentz, vice president of sales, Hunger Engineering Co.: “The Tire Store of the Future/How to Win the Tire Replacement Business.”
* John Rice, director of TPMS products and support, 31 Inc.: “Servicing TPMS has Never Been Easier… No, Really.”
Retail Track, Friday
* Greg Spence, CEO and founder, and Peter Mikhail, vice president of business development, TreadHunter Inc.: “Tire Selling Opportunities in an Online World.”
Commercial Track, Wednesday
* Alexei Nicolini, CEO and president, Budini Inc.: “How an Effective Tire Management Program can Reduce Tire and Fuel Consumption.”
Commercial Track, Thursday
* Kevin Carr, director, Tire Division, TravelCenters of America LLC’s TA Truck Service Commercial Tire Network: “Providing More Solutions for the Commercial Tire Marketplace.”
Commercial Track, Friday
* Randy Haas, safety director, T.O. Haas Tire Co. Inc., and Tom Herrmann, assistant director of continuous improvement, Dunn Tire LLC, panelists: “The Safety Panel.” (Moderator to be determined.)
The conferences will be held from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesday through Friday. For more information on conference program specifics, check out these links:
In addition, David Stephens, managing director of TRIB (Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau), will moderate the “Retread Panel” on Thursday. Tim Bevier, Tech International LLC; Darin Weber, Transworld Casing Supply Inc.; Rick Majewski, Wilson County Tire & Retreading; Bill Waerzeggers, Pomp’s Tire Service Inc.; and Douglas Engle, Tredrock Tire Services are the panelists.
Joseph Saoud, president of the truck, bus and retread operations in the U.S. and Canada for Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations LLC, is the keynote speaker. His speech, “Reinvigorating the Sustainable Business Model,” will begin at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, April 19.
Modern Tire Dealer is the media sponsor of the event.
Interested in exhibiting at or attending the show? Visit usatireexpo.com.
For additional information on becoming an exhibitor or show sponsor, contact Christine Zernick, sales director, Tire Business, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-865-6108.