Yokohama Tire Corp.’s new mud-terrain tire, the Geolandar M/T G003, will be available in July. It is only the company’s first M/T tire since the Geolandar M/T was introduced in 1998, and will replace the Geolandar M/T+.
July 1: 20 sizes (18 LRE, 1 LRC, 1 LRD), including LT255/75R17 LRC, LT275/65R20 LRE and LT305/55R20 LRE.
September 1: 12 sizes (8 LRE, 4 LRC).
Fourth quarter: five sizes (3 LRE, 2 LRE).
“The M/T has it all: intimidating good looks… strength, proven performance and excellent traction in all on- and off-road terrains, from everyday highway driving to attacking steep, jagged rocks, muddy trails and desert sand,” says Andrew Briggs, Yokohama Tire senior director of tire business and product planning.
Yokohama says the Geolandar M/T G003 features the following:
* Yokohama’s new Geo-Shield construction, which incorporates multiple sidewall plies, steel belts, a full nylon cap and a high turn-up carcass into the design.
* A long lasting tread, the result of a new, high-density compound and a wide, flat profile “that creates exceptional wear performance.”
* “Outstanding” dry, wet and mud traction, the result of a triple-polymer tread compound combined with optimized sipes and an ideal block to void ratio.
* A quieter (for an M/T tire) ride on the road, due to the advanced variable pitch tread on the M/T that assures a quiet, on-highway ride while maintaining off-road performance.
* An aggressive Sidewall Armor design that not only delivers off-road traction and protection from damage, but also “creates a bold, new look.”
Yokohama backs the tire with a 30-day money-back trial pledge.
Geolandar M/T G003 applications include a wide variety of popular pick-ups and SUVs, including the Dodge Ram 1500, Jeep Wrangler, Chevy Silverado 2500, Ford F-150 Raptor, Nissan Titan, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Land Rover Discovery and GMC Yukon XL 3500.
Along with the introduction, Yokohama has launched two new sponsorships to fit with the audience for the M/T and the entire Geolandar line.
1. Reinforcing the toughness and strength of the M/T, Yokohama has become the Official Tire of the U.S Spartan Race series, the original and largest obstacle race series.
2. Yokohama is also the Official Tire of the Nitro Circus Live US Tour and Nitro World Games. Nitro Circus is the premier adrenaline-fueled action sports tour.
For more information on the company’s line of off-road and light truck, high-performance, passenger car, commercial truck and bus, and off-the-road mining and construction tires, visit www.yokohamatire.com.