Michelin Groupe CEO Jean-Dominique Senard is among the 50 global leaders participating in Movin'On, an international forum presented by Michelin and focused on urban mobility and sustainable transportation.
Movin'On will be held June 13-15 in Montreal, and follows in the footsteps of the Michelin Challenge Bibendum, which had a 20-year run. Movin'On is expected to attract more than 3,000 participants from 35 countries. Modern Tire Dealer will be there.
The sustainable mobility conference will focus on six themes: new transportation experiences, circular economy development, regulatory and policy incentives, safe, clean and effective mobility for all, moonshots in mobility, and intelligent mobility.
There will be workshops and classes covering the biggest transportation topics, including the circular economy, artificial intelligence and autonomous vehicles, and regulatory and policy incentives.
Senard will open Movin'On 2017, which will be held at Montreal's Arsenal.
Other speakers include:
- Joachim Damasky, managing director of the German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA);
- Jack Endo, senior staff with the development of artificial intelligence into automated driving system and connected vehicle system, Toyota Research Institute;
- Marc Garneau, minister of Transport in Canada;
- Steven Kiefer, senior vice president of global purchasing and supply chain for General Motors Co.;
- Ursula Mathar, vice president of sustainability and environmental protection for BMW Group; and
- David Strickland, partner at Venable LLP, counsel for Self-Driving Coalition for Safer Streets; and former administrator of the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.