Ford Motor Co.’s new line of Motorcraft starters is designed for every budget with fewer part numbers for older and higher-mileage vehicles.
The company says the starters are competitively priced and made of 100% new parts.
The simplified product lineup now provides coverage for most Ford and Lincoln vehicles with fewer part numbers.
“Precision-engineered Motorcraft starters were designed with customers and technicians in mind," says Paul Brearey, Ford North America electrical manager.
"The competitive price means the starters suit customers’ budgets. Fewer parts numbers mean easier stocking and less inventory for shops. Plus, the added benefit that Ford does not have a core charge with the new Motorcraft starters, means less hassle for customers and shops as well as lower inventory costs.”
Motorcraft continues to offer industry-leading parts, and, as with all Motorcraft parts, the starters are recommended by Ford Motor Co. Motorcraft starters are covered by the two-year service parts warranty, which provides unlimited mileage coverage for Ford and Motorcraft parts, including labor, with no commercial exceptions.
The company says benefits of Motorcraft starters include:
- no core charge;
- high-quality features optimize wear resistance and deliver consistent electrical and mechanical performance;
- ready to install out of the box;
- engineered and tested to provide performance and reliability;
- solenoid designs are endurance-tested on starters to help verify consistent performance;
- drives have been installed on starters and endurance-tested for over 15,000 cycles;
- critical dimensions, including static and engaged pinion positions, and pinion chamfer meet OE specifications;
- armature shafts are CNC-machined and precision-ground for accurate dimensions and smooth finish; and
- 100% precision-balanced to help run smoothly and quietly.
The company says Motorcraft starters are competitively priced to suit customers’ various budget and vehicle needs; e.g. older and higher-mileage vehicle repairs. The two-year limited warranty has unlimited mileage and no commercial exceptions.
For more information on Motorcraft starters, visit the Motorcraft website.