The Georgia Tire Dealers & Retreaders Association (GTDRA) elected new officers and directors at its annual conference July 14-16 in Atlantic Beach, Fla.
Larry Bush is the new president of GTDRA. Other new officers and directors are:
- first vice president - Sean Plumstead;
- second vice president - Dana Williams;
- secretary/treasurer - Morris Moses;
- immediate past president - Chip Battle;
- foundation director -Tony Sexton; and
- suppliers director - Steve Fulton.
The GTDRA's directors are Bill Duckworth, David Polhill, Travis Hicks, Steve Dillingham, Rob Miller, Jonathan Bennett, Lowell Tench, Bubba East, and Nathan Keaton
The association also presented scholarship awards. The winners and the awards are:
- Chandler Bennett - $5,000 – Tom Snow Memorial Scholarship;
- Caroline Cates - $2,500 – Bobby Carroll Memorial Scholarship;
- Ashlyn Quattlebaum - $2,500 – Bobby Carroll Memorial Scholarship; and
- Hannah Paul - $1,000 – Foundation Scholarship.
The GTDRA presents scholarships to association members and immediate family, their employees and immediate family members of their employees.
To date, the association has given awarded $237,500 in scholarships.
Richard Newlon was inducted into the GRTDA’s hall of fame.
For more information on the association, visit www.gtdra.com.