Hercules Tires & Rubber Co. has introduced two premium truck tire offerings – the Hercules Strong Guard HRA and the Hercules Strong Guard HRD all-position tires.
The Strong Guard name, new to Hercules’ commercial products, will be used to denote the brand’s premium medium truck tire products, which feature sophisticated materials and technologies, as well as some of the most impressive coverage in the industry.
Strong Guard truck tires carry a seven-year limited protection policy including free tire replacement during the first 50% of usable tread life, if the tire is found unserviceable due to manufacturing defects. Additionally, Hercules Strong Guard tires carry a casing allowance for three retreads.
“Hercules Strong Guard tires are next-generation truck tires. The enhancements that our customers and end users will see are significant,” says Jedd Emans, vice president of marketing for Hercules. “The Strong Guard line is an excellent example of our brand promise to deliver unmatched value.”
Hercules Strong Guard HRD is a deep, all-position design optimized for higher-scrub applications. It is available in seven standard- and low-profile 22.5-inch and 24.5-inch sizes, including 315/80R22.5.
Strong Guard HRD features include:
- A wide solid shoulder design promoting even wear and lateral stability
- Stone ejector ribs, which prevent stone drilling and help preserve casings for retreading
- Micro sipes on circumferential groove edges that heighten wet traction and improve even wear
- Zig-zag lateral siping providing excellent wet grip and enhancing even wear
Available in 10 sizes from 215/75R17.5 up to 11R22.5, Hercules Strong Guard HRA is a wide, five-rib all-position design. The tire’s features include:
- A wide solid shoulder design promoting even wear and enhancing lateral stability
- Zig-zag groove design that provides outstanding handling for all-position application
- Multi-point edged grooves, which deliver better dry and wet traction
- Wavy lateral sipes that provide excellent wet grip and promote even wear
Both Hercules Strong Guard HRD and StrongGuard HRA products feature a silica-infused tread compound and promote excellent heat dispersion to deliver longer life with lower rolling resistance. A modern profile shape also promotes long, even tread wear.
“This introduction is one more step in our commitment to providing our customers with a compelling commercial offering that delivers breadth, depth and outstanding quality,” says Emans.
Hercules Strong Guard products are now available in the U.S. exclusively through American Tire Distributors (ATD).
Hercules is a wholly owned subsidiary of ATD, which operates more than 140 distribution centers, including 27 distribution centers in Canada, serving approximately 70,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada.