Bridgestone Americas Inc. has added two ultra wide-base tires to its fuel efficient Ecopia line, one for the drive position and the other for trailers.
Both tires are available in size 445/50R22.5.
“Our new offerings in the ultra wide base tire category cater to the growing need of long haul fleets to increase freight loads at a higher weight level,” says Eric Higgs, vice president of commercial marketing for Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations LLC.
Both Greatec Ecopia tires offer advanced technology, including:
- a high rigidity tread pattern for long tread life, overall even wear and low rolling resistance;
- optimized shoulder design for even wear balance across the tire footprint;
- NanoPro-Tech compound to limit energy loss for improved rolling resistance;
- Fuel Saver Sidewall to absorb excess energy and help conserve fuel, both when new and retreaded;
- a patented Waved Belt Design that reduces casing growth and maintaisn a stable footprint;
- the patented Turn-In Ply design to reduce ply-end stress; and
- Stone Rejector Platforms to combat capture and retention of casing-damaging stones.
The tires are compatible with Bandag FuelTech retreads.
For more information, visit: https://commercial.bridgestone.com.