Ford Motor Co. has added spark plugs and tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) sensors to its Omnicraft brand of replacement parts for non-Ford vehicles.
The company says the new lines are offered at a competitive price and are now available to dealerships and Ford authorized distributors.
“The new Omnicraft spark plugs will significantly broaden vehicle coverage,” says Robert Boss, Ford North America maintenance manager. “In fact, Omnicraft and Motorcraft spark plugs combined provide 71% vehicle coverage.”
Ford says Omnicraft iridium plugs help provide top efficiency and a long service life. Other features and benefits are:
- application-specific designs;
- iridium-enhanced 0.6 fine-wire design for optimal durability and performance;
- patented, platinum side-wire technology for maximum efficiency in most ignitions;
- V-trimmed ground electrode for enhanced ignitability;
- heat range determined by industry standard (SAE-J549) test specification;
- multi-rib insulator helps protect against misfire;
- internal resistor minimizes electrical interference;
- copper core improves resistance to fouling with increased rate of tip heat induction;
- nickel-plated shell for corrosion resistance; and
- covered by a two-year unlimited-mileage warranty.
“The introduction of new TPMS sensors means Omnicraft will offer very wide coverage,” says Paul Brearey, Ford North America electrical manager. “EZ-Sensor’s programmable feature allows a single sensor to cover any application and provide coverage for up to 98% of vehicles on the road, with ongoing releases to continue to improve coverage.”
Ford says Omnicraft TPMS sensors combine 314.9, 315, and 433 MHz applications into one sensor. Other features and benefits are:
- delivered “blank” – programmable using any of the major TPMS programming devices;
- replicates original equipment functionality including auto-locate features;
- quick and simple to program using a large range of programming tools;
- easy-to-install rubber snap-in stem;
- supports new and planned OE system technologies;
- helps to reduce cost and repair time when servicing TPMS-equipped vehicles;
- compliant with Federal TREAD (Transportation Recall Enhancement, Accountability and Documentation) Act; and
- covered by a limited lifetime unlimited-mileage warranty.
In addition, Ford says Omnicraft brand parts offer many advantages, including a competitive price, availability for most non-Ford/Lincoln vehicles, industry-wide comparable warranty, one-stop availability from Ford and approved and backed by Ford engineering.
For more information, visit www.corporate.ford.com