March 13, 2013
Continental kicks off Conti360 Tour
Continental's new trailer hits the road for the Conti360 tour.
An all-new mobile marketing tour that brings its trucking fleet capabilities to life will be the showcase of Continental Tire the Americas LLC’s Commercial Vehicle Tire exhibit at the 2013 Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS) in Louisville, Ky., March 21-23, 2103.
For the fifth year, Continental will be traveling the roads of Canada, the U.S. and Mexico with its 53-foot mobile marketing trailer and touring experience. The “Conti360 Tour” kicks off the year with an entirely new trailer, complete with new interactive displays and videos of Continental’s products and services.
The focus of the Continental tour for 2013 is to bring to life Continental’s brand promise, “Delivering the Lowest Overall Driving Costs,” to large and small fleets, said Brand and Communications Manager Alex Chmiel.
“Our new Conti360 tour is about much more than tires. While truck tires are our core competency as a business unit, we also offer the added value of our automotive divisions that cover Chassis & Safety, Interior and Powertrain, plus our ContiTech partners in the rubber group. As an entire company, we have the potential to help fleets with more than 50% of their overall driving costs – through our company’s full range of products and services that help them with safety, economy and environmental factors,” Chmiel says. “We’re taking a 360-degree approach to make sure we are providing the best in products and services.”
The tour bring to life Continental’s brand promise, “Delivering the Lowest Overall Driving Costs,” to large and small fleets.
Products on display will include:
- The complete portfolio of new truck tires and ContiLifeCycle retreads, which can offer the fleets their optimal combination of fuel savings, traction, mileage and durability, as well as the lowered cost and environmental savings of retreading, the company notes.
- ContiPressureCheck, the commercial vehicle tire pressure monitoring system jointly developed by Continental’s Commercial Vehicle Tire, Commercial Vehicles & Aftermarket and Body and Security business units.
- Emergency road service assistance programs for large or small fleets as well as independent owner operators, which help drivers get back on the road quickly and reliably after a breakdown.
- Valuable truck tire manufacturing, diagnostics and warranty information, which help with preventative maintenance for tires to keep them running longer and preserve the casings for buy-back or retreading.
- A look at the future of commercial transportation and trucking technologies on the horizon.
“We are extremely excited to bring the Continental mobile marketing exhibit back to MATS for the fifth straight year. More importantly, we’re confident that we can show trucking fleets and owner operators how Continental, one of the world’s largest automotive suppliers, is taking a 360-degree approach to helping them in today’s competitive economic environment,” Chmiel said.
The new Conti360 tour will be on display at booth #18252 at MATS. Future tour dates include April 11-13 for ExpoCam in Montreal; May 30-June 1 for the Great West Truck Show in Las Vegas; August 22-24 for the Great American Truck Show in Dallas; and an extended tour throughout Mexico in the fall. Last year’s Continental tour visited more than 200 fleets.
Receive the latest MTD eNews in your inbox!
Sign up for our Enews and receive the latest news, trends, and product information right in your e-mail inbox. Join Today!
View the latest eNews:
| Thursday Edition
| CTD Online
| Auto Service