September 23, 2013
Mitchell 1 releases 2014 emission control guide
Mitchell 1 has released its 2014 Emission Control Application Guide 2014 (ECAT14) for domestic and import cars, light trucks, vans (diesel engines) and class ‘A’ motor homes with gasoline engines, model years 1966 - 2014.
The new guide provides vehicle-specific emission system information for repair shops that perform smog inspections. The guide contains:
* emission application tables;
* engine displacement conversion charts;
* emission control visual inspection procedures;
* approximately 40 years of domestic and imported basic ignition timing specifications;
* 1980 - 2013 maintenance reminder light reset procedures;
* the latest EPA emission recall bulletins;
* I/M areas that require ignition timing and EGR function testing; and
* quick reference listing for major systems, devices and components.
The guide also includes a standardized emission control abbreviation list for the following vehicles:
* 1966-2014 domestic cars, light trucks, and vans (gasoline engines);
* 1968-2014 imported cars, light trucks, and vans (gasoline engines);
* 1966-2014 medium and heavy duty domestic trucks (gasoline engines);
* class “A” motor homes (gasoline engines); and
* 1984-2014 domestic and import cars, light trucks, and vans (diesel engines).
“Mitchell 1’s new Emission Control Application Guide is a great resource to help repair shops comply with state emission standards,” says Nick DiVerde, senior marketing director.
To order the ECAT14, call 888-724-6742 or visit www.Buymitchell1.com.
For more information on the company’s products and services, visit www.mitchell1.com.
Sign up for our Enews and receive the latest news, trends, and product information right in your e-mail inbox.