January 30, 2014
Goodyear launches 1 consumer, 3 commercial tires
The Goodyear Assurance All-Season joins the company’s Assurance ComforTred Touring, Assurance TripleTred All-Season and Assurance Fuel Max in Goodyear’s complete lineup of offerings for automobiles, minivans and crossover vehicles.
At the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. 2014 Dealer Conference, the company unveiled four new tires to the 2,100 attendees, including 1,500 customer guests – a 10-year attendance record. The conference took place at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tenn. Jan. 29-Feb. 1.
For consumers looking for good all-season traction, long treadwear and value, the Assurance All-Season will be available at retail outlets throughout North America in July, and is available in 41 tire sizes, ranging from 14- to 18-inch rim diameters.
Performance features include:
* multiple biting edges offering great all-season traction in wet, dry and snowy conditions;
* wide tread grooves to help evacuate water and slush for enhanced wet traction;
* optimized tread pattern, reducing road noise for a quieter ride;
* large stable shoulder blocks for confident dry and wet handling; and
* a 65,000-mile/95,000-kilometer tread life limited warranty.
In the commercial sector, the company launched the G505D Fuel Max, a long-haul tire that will help fleets reduce their cost-per-mile even more, says Goodyear.
“The new Goodyear G505D FUEL MAX is the most fuel-efficient commercial drive tire in our lineup,” said Brian Buckham, marketing manager, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems.
The tire, which will be available to Goodyear commercial truck tire dealers this June, features Goodyear’s Fuel Max Technology, which contains fuel-saving compounds, tire constructions and specialized tread designs to help reduce rolling resistance.
In addition to Fuel Max Technology, the G505D Fuel Max also contains these features:
* deep 24/32-inch tread depth to provide enhanced wearable rubber for long tire life;
* circumferential and lateral tread grooves for improved all-season traction;
* an extra-wide tread for enhanced handling and long-lasting wear;
* Goodyear Tredlock technology, which features interlocking micro-grooves that help stabilize the tread for long tread life and enhanced toughness; and
* a tough, dependable casing for retreading to help improve a fleet’s tire return on investment, and more.
The G505D FUEL MAX also will be SmartWay-verified. The tire will be available in size 295/75R22/5, Load Range G.
Construction, dump, cement mixers and other mixed-service fleets will soon have access to two new Goodyear commercial truck tires that will help their trucks travel across challenging surfaces.
The Goodyear G731 MSA and G751 MSA mixed-service tires will be available this summer. Fleets will be able to buy several sizes of these tires with Goodyear’s DuraSeal Technology.
Goodyear DuraSeal Technology is a gel-like rubber compound that is built into the tire’s casing at the time of manufacture and instantly seals nail-hole punctures of up to ¼-inch in diameter in the repairable area of a tire’s tread.
Both the G731 MSA and G751 MSA also contain other features to help fleets lower their operating costs. The G731 MSA, which is designed for 20% on-road and 80% off-road service applications, features:
* more wearable rubber volume that offers up to 5% more miles to removal than its predecessor, the GoodyearG288 MSA;
* special tread compound for enhanced resistance to cuts, chips and tears;
* lower rolling resistance construction and greenhouse gas emission-compliancy for enhanced fuel efficiency;
* a wider footprint for extra traction and stability;
* a sturdy, tough casing for retreading to improve a fleet’s tire return on investment.
The tire will be offered in the following sizes: 11R22.5 (with DuraSeal Technology); 12R22.5; 11R22.5; 11R24.5; 275/70R22.5; and 255/70R22.5.
The G751 MSA, which is designed for 80% on-road and 20% off-road service applications, features:
* a high-scrub tread compound for cut, chip and tear resistance and more wearable rubber. A wider footprint helps improve stability and traction;
* lower rolling resistance construction and greenhouse gas emission-compliancy for enhanced fuel efficiency; and
* a sturdy, tough casing for retreading to improve a fleet’s tire return on investment,
The G751 MSA will be available in the following sizes: 11R22.5 (with DuraSeal Technology); 315/80R22.5 (with DuraSeal Technology); 12R22.5; 12R24.5; 11R22.5; 11R24.5; and 315/80R22.5.