February 18, 2014
Bosch expands disc brake rotors line
Robert Bosch LLC has added 215 part numbers to its QuietCast brake rotors line. The company estimates the new part numbers will increase coverage to 95% of all vehicles in operation and includes many late-model applications.
“Our QuietCast Brake Rotors are manufactured using a heat flow casting process that produces superior high carbon, vehicle-specific castings which ensure a smooth ride and quiet braking,” says David Terry, senior product manager for friction and rotors, Bosch Automotive Aftermarket Brake Components North America.
“Bosch castings provide superior heat dissipation and noise dampening ability, consistent performance, and longer life – characteristics not found in low-cost products from some competitors.”
The company says QuietCast brake rotors feature:
* 100% factory mill balancing with lowest run-out for safe, smooth operation, with no pedal pulsation;
* OEM-style vane configuration that provides more efficient heat dissipation, reduces vibration that can cause noise, and extends the life of the rotor;
* G3000, GG20, GG15, (high carbon) heat-flowed castings provide consistent wear, long life and quiet operation;
* premium bi-metal aluminum and zinc clear coat protection which prevents rust and corrosion, extends the life of the rotor, provides a clean look for today's open wheels and makes installation easier because the technician does not have any oil to clean prior to the installation;
* OEM-style ABS tone ring (on required applications) assures trouble-free ABS/TCS operation; and
* factory-engraved edge code and minimum thickness specifications allow proper identification and easy discard reference to simplify installation.
The new rotors are included in the 2014 Bosch Braking Components Catalog and printed copies are available now.
For more information, visit http://www.boschautoparts.com/Brakes.
Sign up for our Enews and receive the latest news, trends, and product information right in your e-mail inbox.