April 02, 2014
Ironman I-Series: 8 may not be enough
The fuel-efficient I-601 has low rolling resistance. It is SmartWay-verified.
Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. recently introduced the Ironman brand I-Series medium truck tire line. It is made up of eight different tires, each one "an excellent TBR option for independent tire dealers and their customers," says the company.
Hercules also claims the truck tire series has one of the best cost-per-mile averages in the industry.
“The I-Series medium truck offering is our newest and one of our most promising Ironman introductions,” says Joshua Simpson, vice president of marketing. The associate brand tires balance quality and economy, a trademark of the Ironman line.
The I-Series line offers more than 30 SKUs comprised of highway, open shoulder drive, closed shoulder drive, mixed service and trailer options. The I-601, I-208 and I-460 patterns are SmartWay-verified (Hercules is pursuing SmartWay verification for additional Ironman I-Series patterns).
1. I- 601, a premium regional all-position tire for both steer and trailer applications. The tire features anti-slip properties for dependable traction and "excellent" directional stability.
2. I-208, a closed-shoulder tire for drive axle applications with a solid shoulder that provides superior stability and resistance to irregular wear.
3. I-460, a trailer tire appropriate for long or short hauls and designed with sipes to provide better traction and drainage.
4. I-109, a regional all-position rib tire for both steer and trailer applications. It features a five-rib design for long mileage and shoulder wear resistance on steer axle use.
5. I-370, an open-shoulder drive tire. It features a deep tread with tough, siped blocks for excellent mileage and outstanding traction under all weather conditions.
6. I-604, an open-shoulder drive tire with a specially compounded tread to enhance tire life. It features large, aggressive lugs for traction under all conditions and siping for better water traction and decreased heel to toe wear.
7. I-181, an all-position rib tire largely used for trailer applications. The tire features a five-rib pattern designed to deliver long mileage and shoulder wear resistance on steer axle use; it also has microsipes that fight onset of irregular wear and provide better mileage.
8. I-301, a highway mixed service chip and cut tire. It features special tread and sidewall compounding to resist chips, cuts and tears and protect against scuffing and impact. The tread pattern has three center ribs to ensure good directional stability, even wear and a smooth ride.
Ironman brand medium truck tires are backed by a limited warranty against defects in workmanship or material for five years from the date of purchase. They also carry a casing warranty for one retread.
For more information on Ironman brand truck, passenger, light truck, OTR, agricultural, specialty and industrial tires, visit at www.herculestire.com.
Sign up for our Enews and receive the latest news, trends, and product information right in your e-mail inbox.