April 15, 2014
Mobile app helps shop for commercial tires
The new Tire Advisor mobile app from Bridgestone allows users to compare truck and bus tires, Bandag retreads and off-road mining and construction tires.
Bridgestone Commercial Solutions has introduced a mobile app called Tire Advisor which is designed to help fleets and dealers quickly access and compare information about Bridgestone commercial tire brands.
The company says its Tire Advisor app is a one-stop resource connecting users to a comprehensive catalog offering multiple search capabilities with the ability to create a library for future reference.
The app was created in response to customer demands for robust mobile tools that provide detailed specifications on products, according to Bridgestone. The format is tailored to the needs of commercial dealers and users of off-road and commercial truck tires as well as retread products.
“Managing up-to-date product information across all the segments and brands of commercial business can be difficult, especially when our customer’s time and resources are limited,” says Matt Stevenson, vice president of marketing for Bridgestone Commercial Solutions.
“Mobile technology such as Tire Advisor ensures that our customers have the most current product information available across all Bridgestone brands in a timely manner. Customers can review product information by intended application and equipment type when they want and share selected information with others easily.”
Additional Tire Advisor mobile app features include:
* information about truck and bus tires (Bridgestone, Firestone and Dayton), Bandag retreads, and off-road mining and construction tires (Bridgestone and Firestone);
* search engine functionality to identify the right product for the customer’s industry and application;
* information about features, benefits, product images, technical specifications, and warranties;
* a step-by-step guided search, a filtered search and a keyword search that allows the user to jump quickly to a product by pattern name;
* extended product information traditionally found in a product book or website;
* ability to compare products side-by-side within the same brand; and
* ability to share product information with others by email and to save products to a “favorites” folder with the ability to create multiple folders.
The new Tire Advisor app is available for free through the Apple iTunes Store. The iOS mobile app can be downloaded on iPad only.
Bridgestone Commercial Solutions is a division of Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations LLC. To learn more about Bridgestone brand tires, visit www.bridgestonetrucktires.com.