June 02, 2014
Kenda debuts website at Automechanika Dubai
Kenda Tires debuted its website geared for the Middle East at the Automechanika Dubai 2014 trade show.
Kenda Tires and its Middle East partner Varga Trading Co. LLC will be showcasing and holding a formal launch of its Middle East website, www.kendatiresme.com, during the Automechanika Dubai 2014 trade show that will take place from June 3-5.
The company says the Middle East region is a place of great opportunity:
* it is a meeting point of Asia, Africa and Europe;
* there are energy reserves for another 50 years giving governments huge spending power;
* the Middle East has a growing "young" population;
* it has a good business environment with free zones, ports, subsidies and tax benefits;a nd
* it has high Internet usage and social media involvement;
Kenda also reported that in Dubai:
* they have the highest rate of car ownership in the world -- one car for 1.84 residents;
* there is no local production of cars, tires or parts;
* almost 50% of automotive goods that are imported are re-exported; and
* the main mode of transport is land transport.
The company's www.kendatiresme.com website is geared to help the company capture some the this growing market.
And a part of its global expansion drive, the company also opened an office in Oldenburg, Germany,