June 30, 2014
Modern Tire Dealer wins five medals
Modern Tire Dealer received five medals, including one gold, for editorial excellence from the 23rd International Automotive Media Awards (IAMA).
Entered in the Magazine and Internet Writing divisions, MTD took home the following Foundation Award medallions:
* Gold, Editorial category, "Word of Mouth," Bob Ulrich.
* Silver, Feature category, "Tall, thin tires," Bob Bissler.
* Silver, Feature category, "Tire Dealer of the Year," Ulrich.
* Silver, Internet blog category, Ulrich.
* Bronze, Best Single Issue, Performance Handbook, Lori Mavrigian, Ann Neal and Ulrich.
The "Tire Dealer of the Year" story profiled MTD's 2013 Tire Dealer of the Year winners, Dan and Diane Hennelly. The Hennellys are owners of Hennelly Tire & Auto Inc. in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. They do business as The Tire Choice and Total Car Care.
Mike Mavrigian, editor of MTD's sister publication, Auto Service Professional (ASP), won a silver medal in the Technical/How to do it category for "Electronic fuel pump diagnosis."
ASP writer Bob Weber also came home with a medal. He won silver in the Technical/Reference category with his "Lift Update" story.
The purpose of the International Automotive Media Awards is to "recognize and encourage excellence in all forms of automotive media."
The IAMA is part of the International Automotive Media Competition (IAMC). Both are administered, produced and owned by the International Society for Vehicle Preservation.