July 23, 2014
Get educated at TIA Global Tire Expo sessions
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has announced the educational sessions for the Global Tire Expo - Powered by TIA at the Specialty Equipment Market Association Show Nov. 4-7, 2014 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The tentative schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, Nov. 4
- TPMS at 10: Tire Dealers Share TPMS Success -- speakers are: Sean MacKinnon, TIA director of Automotive Training Development; Matt White, TIA director of Tire Service; other industry representatives TBA. Now that we are years into TPMS service, TIA has invited several independent dealers to come and talk about how TPMS has impacted their businesses. Come hear how these dealers were able to turn TPMS headaches into TPMS profits.
- Truck Tires at 10: CSA and the Changing Face of Truck Tire Service – speakers are: Kevin Rohlwing, TIA senior vice president of Training. This presentation outlines the Compliance Safety Accountability (CSA) program from Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and demonstrates how it is affecting the way that fleets maintain their vehicles. It will provide a brief history of the program and address the updates/changes that have been made since its inception in 2010. It also shows how expectations are changing in the fleet maintenance business and how dealers can capitalize on these changes.
- Tires at 2: Successful Tire Dealers Share Their Secrets -- speakers TBA. The industry's trade publications recognize three tire dealers for their accomplishments every year. Modern Tire Dealer presents the Tire Dealer of the Year to the independent dealer that demonstrates excellence in areas like business, marketing and management. Tire Business sponsors the Humanitarian Award, which is focused on a dealer who makes significant charitable contributions to their community. Tire Review issues the Top Shop Award to a dealer who demonstrates a continued effort to be the best at everything in their respective market. This year's winners will each give a brief description of their companies and then offer some insight on what they think has made them successful. Following the presentations, the winners will participate in a question and answer session.
Wednesday, Nov. 5
- TPMS at 10: TPMS Troubleshooting – speakers are: MacKinnon; White. TIA says it has spent the last year talking to tire dealers across the country, finding out what the top ten TPMS issues they are facing in the shop. Come to find solutions to these issues and bring issues of your own for discussion.
- Truck Tires at 10: Identifying Hazards in Commercial Tire Service -- speaker: Rohlwing. TIA has been tracking fatality data from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) since 2009 and has participated in several OSHA investigations related to commercial tire service over the past 17 years. This seminar will identify the most significant hazards to technicians that service truck tires and wheels and provide specific examples of both fatal and non-fatal accidents.
- Management at 2: The Future of Social Media -- speaker: Pat Sandone, founder and president of Net Driven. An over-saturation of content and a shift toward app-only software means Internet users are starting to value quality relationships over the quantity of relationships in their network. Learn how to communicate with and keep your online audience engaged in today's changing social media landscape.
Thursday, Nov. 6
- Management at 2: Risk Management and Standard of Care -- speakers: Rohlwing; Laramie Sandquist, risk manager-National Accounts, Federated Insurance Cos. TIA has been working closely with Federated Insurance over the past few years to help tire service providers develop effective risk management programs. Everything from driving safety to service procedures and training has an effect on the amount of liability that companies must assume. This presentation will identify the most common types of losses in the tire service industry and explain how standard of care applies to everything that happens in the shop.
For additional information www.tireindustry.org.
Receive the latest MTD eNews in your inbox!
Sign up for our Enews and receive the latest news, trends, and product information right in your e-mail inbox. Join Today!
View the latest eNews:
| Thursday Edition
| CTD Online
| Auto Service