August 21, 2014
Bridgestone adds new truck tire and retread
The FS561 is suitable for on-highway use and high-scrub service applications.
Bridgestone Commercial Solutions (BCS) has introduced the Firestone FS561, all-position radial tire steer tire, and the Bandag B799, a retread product designed to complement the Bridgestone M799.
BCS says the FS561 is an on-highway, all-position radial tire recommended for steering applications in regional and pickup and delivery use. The FS561 features are designed to reduce susceptibility to stone retention and drilling, common occurrences in high-scrub applications.
“The new FS561 is built for demanding environments, with features such as a tough tread cap compound and solid shoulder ribs that help resist maneuvering scrub leading to increased tread life,” says Matt Loos, director of truck and bus marketing.
BCS says additional features include:
* rugged casing with sidewall protector ribs for resistance to cuts, snags and abrasions from curbing and impacts;
* stone rejectors in center grooves to reduce susceptibility to stone retention and drilling, protecting the belts and enhancing casing durability; and
* innovative sidewall design reduces tire weight to improve fuel economy without sacrificing durability.
The Firestone FS561 295/75R22.5 and 11R22.5 is available in the U.S. and Canada, with more sizes available later this year.
BSC says the tread design of the Bandag B799 offers solid traction and a deep tread depth that promotes long wear life for mild on/off-highway, regional haul and pickup and delivery applications.
“The B799 meets the needs of fleets that operate in mixed service environments where they need on-road performance, as well as off-road capability where traction and durability are important,” says Matt Schnedler, retread product marketing manager.
The Bandage B799 is designed for mild mixed service and P&D use.
Other features include:
* deep 28/32 for long tread wear;
* open shoulder design for improved traction; and
* stone rejector technology to help prevent trapped stones from damaging the casing, preserving retreadability.
The Bandag B799 is available in four tread sizes in the U.S. and Canada: 210mm through 240mm.
The sizes accommodate nearly any casing size used for mild mixed service, regional haul and P&D applications.
Bridgestone launched both products at the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas.
To learn more, visit www.firestonetrucktires.com
Sign up for our Enews and receive the latest news, trends, and product information right in your e-mail inbox.