The word of the day in Farmington, Pa., is "robust," as in robust tire construction.
Continental Tire the Americas LLC is introducing two tires at a ride-and-drive event in Farmington on July 12, 2016. Earlier today, the on/off-road Continental TerrainContact A/T was showcased. A demonstration of the new General Grabber X3 followed.
The X3 stands for extreme dirt, mud and rock. Some of the tire's design features are:
* ultra-high strength steel belts;
* high void areas and alternating scoops (to help evacuate mud);
* multi angle gripping edges.
The tire will be available in 29 sizes beginning in September, broken out as follows:
* 16 LT sizes with rim diameters ranging from 16 to 20 inches.
* 13 flotation sizes with rim diameters ranging from 15 to 20 inches.
Thirteen of the sizes will be available with either black lettering or red letters.
Continental previewed the new tire for its Gold Dealers earlier this year. For more information on the tire, check out this link: