Bosch Automotive Service Solutions’ latest update to OTC Encore software expands diagnostic capabilities and vehicle coverage to 192 new systems and 1,433 new vehicle-ECU (engine control unit) combinations.
Highlights of the Bravo 2.8 software release include special tests to assist with diagnosing various issues for many domestic, Asian and European models. Bosch says the improved interface provides more information on header bars and the diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) scan screen. Technicians also now have the ability to turn on or off live data during special tests with the software update.
Additional Encore software enhancements include:
- expanded Ford Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) key programming;
- zero point calibration tests for numerous Nissan models;
- automated EVAP (evaporative) tests for numerous Toyota models;
- expanded coverage for ZF steering systems tests for numerous Audi, BMW and Mini models;
- improved power balance test for Ford models, featuring an extended run time and the ability to run back-to-back tests; and
- automatically boots up in live mode.
For more information visit www.OTCTools.com/products/otc-encore.