Giti Tire (USA) Ltd. has introduced the GT Radial GDL651FS drive tire for North America. The SmartWay-verified tire offers long haul operators better fuel economy, plus traction and long tread wear.
With a tread depth of 26/32 of an inch, the GDL651FS is available in size 295/75R22.5. The line wil be expanded to all low pro and tall sizes in 2017.
The tire features:
- a special low rolling resistance compound that improves fuel economy and delivers low heat generation for durability;
- a four-zigzag-longitudinal-groove design to provide good traction and driving stability;
- a continuous shoulder rib design to help prevent irregular wear for longer mileage performance;
- optimization of the tread block ratio, which also helps prevent irregular wear by creating uniformity in block stiffnes throughout the tread design; and
- an enhanced angle in the groove wall and tie bar to help prevent stone trapping.
Like all GT Radial medium/heavy truck tires, the GDL651FS is backed by a 72-month limited warranty and limited two-retread casing warranty.
“This new generation drive tire was designed specifically for the North American market in a collaborative effort by our technical center in Ohio and corporate R&D center,” says Patrick Gunn, director of sales and marketing of commercial tires for Giti. “We feel confident that it will be well accepted by fleets and owner operators for its fuel efficiency, outstanding traction and long wear for long haul operations.”
For more information, visit www.giti.com.