The Tread Rubber and Tire Repair Materials Manufacturers Group (TRMG) has released additional Recommended Practices (RPs) for retreading and repairing through the Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau (TRIB) website.
The RPs are free to view on TRIB's website.
TRIB says customers wanting to download a PDF version or receive hard copies of the RPs can do so through its online store for a small fee.
“TRIB is glad to continue our partnership with TRMG to distribute these important documents" says TRIB Managing Director David Stevens. “Now, retreaders and tire repair companies all over the world will have free access to the best practices for tire retreading and proper tire repair."
Here’s a list of available RPs:
- Industry Recommended Practices for Tire Retreading and Tire Repairing
- RP-01-03 Retreading Bias Ply Medium Truck Tires
- RP-01/02-04 Solvent-Based Cements Used for Tire Retreading and Repairing
- RP-01-05 Retread Heat and Thermocouple Studies for Proper Cure Times
- RP-01-07 Extruder Operation in Retread Shops
- RP-01-08 Retreading Radial Ply Off-the-Road Tires
- RP-01-09 Retreading Bias Ply Off-the-Road Tires
- RP-01/02-10 Retread and Repair Materials Glossary of Terms
- RP-02-12 Tools Recommended for Tire Repairs
- RP-02-15 Classification and Application of Cushion Gums and Repair Materials
- RP-02-17 Section Repair of Radial Ply Truck Tires in a Full Service Repair Facility
- RP-01-18 Envelope and Curing Tube Care