Sentury Tire Americas has introduced the Landsail 4-Seasons all-weather passenger car radial tire.
The new 4-Seasons product meets the standards of the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association (formerly the Rubber Manufacturers Association) for winter driving conditions, according to Max Wee, executive vice president of Sentury Tire Americas.
“The 4-Seasons is a tire designed for the consumer who wants the convenience of four-season driving without the need to switch over to winter tires. Over 20 4-Seasons tire sizes will fit the most popular vehicles on the road today.”
Sentury Tire specified five features and benefits of the new tire.
- Mountain/snowflake symbol designation. Tread design, compound and depth meets higher winter performance requirements for harsh driving conditions.
- Quiet ride pitch alignment. Computer-optimized tread pattern pitch reduces road noise resonance.
- Wide longitudinal drainage grooves. Three wide longitudinal drainage grooves channel water out from under the tire for more optimal control in rain and snow.
- Cross-pattern tread design. Multiple grooves across the tread face helps “swallow” and trap more snow enhancing traction and grip on winter roads.
- Larger outside block design. The larger block pattern increase rigidity for enhanced control and performance.
Sentury Tire Americas, headquartered in Miami, Fla., markets Delinte and Landsail tire brands in North, Central and South America. Sentury Tire Americas’ parent company, Qingdao Sentury Tire Co., Ltd. is a global manufacturer of consumer, commercial and aircraft tires, including the tires developed for the main landing gear of the Boeing 737-700/800/900 aircraft. Information on Sentury Tires Americas can be found at the USA website, www.senturytireusa.com .