Bridgestone Americas Inc. has added two ultra wide-base tires to its fuel efficient Ecopia line, one for the drive position and the other for trailers. The Greatec M835A Ecopia tire and the Greatec R197 Ecopia tire, for the drive and trailer positions respectively, are designed for use on tandem-axel applications in long haul service. Bridgestone says the tires deliver up to 20% longer wear life than the previous generation offerings. In addition, the trailer tire delivers 6% better rolling resistance than the previous generation product.
Both tires are available in size 445/50R22.5.
“Our new offerings in the ultra wide base tire category cater to the growing need of long haul fleets to increase freight loads at a higher weight level,” says Eric Higgs, vice president of commercial marketing for Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations LLC. “The new Greatec tires are designed to maximize performance and fuel efficiency available at the same cost as the previous generation. When paired with a Bandag retread, our newest Greatec tires can help reduce the total cost of tire ownership significantly.”
Both Greatec Ecopia tires offer advanced technology, including:
- a high rigidity tread pattern for long tread life, overall even wear and low rolling resistance;
- optimized shoulder design for even wear balance across the tire footprint;
- NanoPro-Tech compound to limit energy loss for improved rolling resistance;
- Fuel Saver Sidewall to absorb excess energy and help conserve fuel, both when new and retreaded;
- a patented Waved Belt Design that reduces casing growth and maintaisn a stable footprint;
- the patented Turn-In Ply design to reduce ply-end stress; and
- Stone Rejector Platforms to combat capture and retention of casing-damaging stones.
The tires are compatible with Bandag FuelTech retreads.
For more information, visit: https://commercial.bridgestone.com.