Nexen Tire America Inc.’s new Roadian MTX passenger and off-road vehicle tire was spotlighted on Fox Sports’ special broadcast of the 2017 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show on Dec. 27 at 2:30 pm. PT.
The SEMA Special highlighted the extreme performance of the Roadian MTX tire line, which is Nexen’s first entry into the highly-competitive, hardcore off-road market.
“We’re incredibly excited to bring world-class off-road tire performance to the market with the new Roadian MTX – and at price points that make better sense to both hard-core off-roaders and regular truck owners everywhere,” says Kyle Roberts, director of marketing at Nexen Tire USA.
“Showcasing the distinct advantages of our off-road technologies – including patented designs that dramatically reduce noise for drivers on and off-road – for the Fox Sports audience is great for our evolving brand. We hope to share and prove those distinct advantages for the industry and media more moving forward.”
The Roadian MTX tire will be available in 35 sizes, with 12 sizes available for order now, and 23 larger sizes (including popular off-road sizes 33-, 35- and 37-inch) will be available for order in February 2018.
Nexen says the tire’s distinctively designed dual sidewalls, called Beast and Machine, give the customer the freedom to choose the look that best represents their lifestyle and vehicle.
Other features include:
- patented, optimized block positions which reduce tire noise when transitioning from mud trails to asphalt streets;
- 3-ply sidewall protection for better stability and durability when hauling heavy loads and dealing with harsh off-road terrain;
- burly lugs for maximum grip, aggressive traction and complete control;
- F Load on all flotation sizes and maximum air pressure of 80 PSI for increased towing capacity, a higher load capacity and functioning TPMS sensors;
- reinforced rubber belt that delivers exceptional load-bearing durability over a range of applications; and
- rim protector bar on sizes 20-inch and up to keep prized rims safe from curb-rub or rock abrasion.
For more information on the Roadian MTX, visit the product page on the Nexen website.