Nexen Tire America Inc. is working with custom car builder Kenny Pfitzer of Zero to 60 Designs to create and then give away a customized 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S to a Purple Heart veteran. Nexen says it was able to purchase one of the first available Gladiator S models in the nation, and it turned it over to Pfitzer for a project with the Purple Heart Foundation. Through July 24 Nexen is accepting nominations of Purple Heart recipients to win the vehicle. Nominees must be members of the Military Order of the Purple Heart. Members of the Purple Heart Foundation will select the winner based on factors such as heroism, sacrifice and ongoing commitment to community. Nominate a hero here.
The winner will be announced Aug. 7 — National Purple Heart Day.
The Gladiator — the long-awaited return of a Jeep pickup — will feature five 35-inch Nexen Roadian MTX Xtreme Off-Road Mud Terrain tires, which have been paired with Grid GD5 off-road wheels finished in a gloss graphite milled hue.
The build also features several genuine Mopar performance and off-road parts, which have been specifically designed for the all-new Gladiator. The exterior of the Gladiator features bold Purple Heart and Nexen Tire graphics to help bring awareness to the nation’s Purple Heart recipients and Nexen’s dedication to honoring the nation’s wounded veterans.
Companies and products partnering in the build include:
- Nexen 35-inch Roadian MTX Xtreme Off-Road Mud Terrain Tires
- LINE-X PLATINUM bedliner featuring UV stability and a lifetime warranty
- GRID G5 Off-Road Wheels
- Katzkin Automotive Leather seats
- Mopar Steel tube-door kit
- Jeep Grab Handles
- Jeep 2-inch lift complete suspension kit featuring Fox Racing shocks
- Mopar Map kit for interior
- Jeep three-piece Rubicon front bumper
- Mopar grill and winch guard
- Mopar winch guard light mounting bracket
- Mopar 7-inch off-road LED light kit
- Rubicon auxiliary switch bank
- Mopar-brand upgraded floor mats
- Program promotion by Ignite Design & Advertising, Inc. and DRIVEN360 Integrated Brand Marketing & Communications Firm
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
“The incredible success of the American Muscle for American Heroes program helped Nexen Tire bring national awareness to the sacrifice of Purple Heart so we are excited to announce the details of the Jeep Gladiator, which will be presented to another deserving Purple Heart recipient,” said John Hagan, executive vice president of sales for Nexen. “The nation’s wounded veterans have given so much to the country that it was our privilege to bring together an incredible group of patriotic build partners to create one of the most incredible Jeep Gladiators in the country for a select Purple Heart recipient.”