Bridgestone Americas Inc. has added three sizes for medium-duty commercial vans and trucks to its Firestone Transforce AT2 line.
The Firestone Transforce AT2 is an all-position, radial tire designed for all-terrain performance, featuring a tread design to promote traction in wet and winter conditions.
Bridgestone says the Firestone Transforce AT2 is designed with an innovative compound to prevent heat damage. This helps protect the integrity of the tire casing to promote future retreadability, enhancing the casing’s time in service and maximizing cost savings for fleets.
Key features of the Firestone Transforce AT2 tire are:
- Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMSF) certification for winter traction performance;
- A tread design featuring multiple tread edges to promote great traction in wet conditions;
- A series of sidewall protector ribs that fight curbing damage to help promote casing durability;
- A high-scrub tread compound that enhances scrubbing resistance and promotes increased tread life; and
- A wider belt that helps to extend the tire’s shoulder area and diminish irregular wear.
“We depend on long- and regional-haul fleets to keep this country moving every day,” says Ben Johnson, director of marketing, truck and bus radial tires, U.S. and Canada, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO). “We designed the Firestone Transforce AT2 tire with unique features for dependable, durable performance while driving in a variety of terrain and conditions with frequent starts and stops.”
The new Firestone Transforce AT2 tire size 225/70R19.5 LRF for medium-duty commercial vehicles is currently available in the U.S. and Canada with sizes 225/70R19.5 LRG and 245/70R19.5 LRG available by Oct.1, 2019.
For more information on the Firestone Transforce AT2 tire for commercial applications, and to learn more about the Firestone 90-Day Buy & Try Guarantee, visit Commercial.Firestone.com.