In reference to its early-November show in Las Vegas, Nev., the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) says it is “focused on building the optimal business environment where showgoers will feel safe to congregate."
The association is working with “many experts across multiple industries, including health care, facility management, city and state leadership, and event experience and design," according to SEMA officials.
The 2020 SEMA Show, which features the Global Tire Expo - Powered by TIA, is scheduled to take place Nov. 3-6 in Las Vegas, Nev. SEMA officials report that thousands of attendees and exhibitors have already registered to attend the event.
“We are proactively calling on all our partners to pool our collective resources to establish best practices and deliver the highest levels of safety and security, along with the business value SEMA is known for,” says SEMA Vice President of Events Tom Gattuso. Safety precautions that SEMA Show organizers “are researching and collaborating on” include:
- Social density concepts, like directional traffic flow and distancing measures;
- Use of Centers for Disease Control-recommended personal protective equipment, like face masks;
- Reducing touch points in high traffic areas, including registration;
- Increasing frequencies of facility cleaning and adding a process for nightly sanitization;
- Encouraging early registration so credentials can be mailed in advance of the show;
- Developing an efficient health query protocol as showgoers arrive on campus, and;
- Streamlining food service locations to create touchless and cashless transactions.
“We are steadfast in our belief that our members and our industry will recover more quickly from the current climate by safely coming together to share ideas and look ahead to strategize for 2021 and beyond,” says Gattuso. “In some respects, it will be one of the hardest events we have produced in the show’s 54-year history, but it will also be among the most gratifying.”
SEMA will provide regular updates about the show throughout the summer “and into September.” Updates will be posted at www.semashow.com.