Bauer Built adds operations to Weber's duties
Bauer Built Inc. recently promoted Mike Weber to vice president of operations and manufacturing. He had been director of manufacturing since June 2012.
“Adding operations to Mike’s responsibilities will help support Bauer Built’s aggressive growth plans both short- and long-term," says President Tad Bauer. "This is part of our ongoing restructuring and investment, where we will add over 50 employees in 2014 to drive growth and improve our market coverage and enhance the already high level of service we provide to our customers.”
Weber joined Bauer Built's vehicle maintenance shop in Durand, Wis., on June 2, 1994. He then rose through the ranks as follows:
* began work in the service area at the Durand Tire Center in 1995;
* moved to the general service/delivery area at the Eau Claire (Wis.) Tire Center in May 1997;
* stepped up to sales in Eau Claire in August 1998;
* trained in the Tire Sales Management Department for five months and then transferred to the Waukesha (Wis.) Tire Center as the manager trainee in January 2001;
* became assistant manager in Waukesha in January 2002;
* was promoted to store manager in Waukesha in January 2004;
* transitioned into the director of manufacturing position in June 2012.
As vice presiden tof operations and manufacturing, Weber will add the company's store operations to his duties. He will focus on processes and technologies that will allow Bauer Built’s 30-plus locations to operate "at the highest levels of efficiencies while delivering a high level of customer service," according to the company.
Bauer Built ranked 15th on the MTD Top 100 Retreaders in the U.S. list in 2013.