Denso Invests in 360-Degree Product Photography
Denso Product and Services America Inc. is adding 360-degree product photography to its website to support the cataloging and electronic retailing needs of customers.
“The growth of online purchasing has changed customer expectations about product photography,” said Joe Mejaly, senior vice president of Denso Products and Services Americas.
“We wanted to give our warehouse distributor and retail customers the tools they need to compete with sites like Amazon. The 360 degree photographs allow users to rotate photos and zoom in on certain features.”
A 360-degree view of each product means customers can get a realistic view of the product from multiple angles — a virtual walk around tour of product from the comfort of the office.
Installers benefit from this technology because it allows them to zoom in to check specific areas such as brackets, connectors, etc. to confirm if the part is the one they are looking for. The feature will be available on the Denso auto parts website in the spring of 2018.
Mejaly told media at a press conference during the 2017 Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX) that the company’s auto aftermarket website volumes continue to increase year over year. Mobile usage now accounts for over 41% of total traffic.
He said Denso introduced in 2017 or will be introducing in the next few months:
- 10 compressor part numbers reaching incremental 15 vehicles;
- 85 receiver dryer part numbers reaching 42 million additional vehicles; and
- 50 expansion valve part numbers adding 96 million Asian/European/domestic vehicle applications.
Mejaly also shared the company’s projections for vehicles in operation (VIO) from 2017 to 2030.
- VIO is forecasted to grow incrementally from 283.7 million in 2017 to 329.5 million units in 2030 – a 16% increase.
- While the EV and Hybrid market will grow rapidly from 2020 to 20% of the VIO, gasoline powered cars will only decline by 3%.
- So while gas powered cars may be 75% of the total VIO; it will still be 95% of current market level.
Denso Products and Services Americas Inc. is an affiliate of global automotive supplier Denso Corp., headquartered in Kariya, Aichi prefecture, Japan.