Nexen Tire Motorsports Announces 2018 Team Drivers
Nexen Tire Motorsports’ championship-winning Formula DRIFT motorsports team announced it has renewed its partnership with the Formula DRIFT Pro Series 1 through 2019.
With the two-year co-tire sponsorship agreement, several Pro 1 Series championship drivers will race with the Nexen SUR4G tire for elevated grip, handling and challenging weather performance. The SUR4G will also serve as the semi-exclusive, preferred tire for the Formula DRIFT Pro 2 Series.
“We are excited to continue our relationship with Nexen Tire, who have been a proactive partner of Formula DRIFT and an active supporter of competition teams,” said Jim Liaw, president and co-founder of Formula DRIFT. “Our relationship not only continues but expands as Nexen Tire becomes one of two exclusive tire suppliers of the Formula DRIFT Link ECU Pro2 Championship, the precursor to the Formula DRIFT Black Magic Pro Championship.”
Nexen Tire Team Drivers For the 2018 Formula DRIFT Season:
· Fredric Aasbo (Rockstar Energy Drink / Nexen Tire Toyota) – 2015 Champion and 2017 second overall driver
· Chris Forsberg (NOS Energy Drink / Nexen Tire Nissan 370Z) – New Nexen team driver; Winner of three Formula DRIFT championships
· Ryan Tuerck (Gumout / Nexen Tire Toyota 86) – Newly signed to the Nexen team; will co-star with Forsberg in “Blackout Show”
· Alec Hohnadell (Rain X / Nexen Tire Nissan S14) – Formula DRIFT “Most Improved Driver” and professional stunt driver
· Jhonnattan Castro (Gerdau-Metadom / Nexen Tire Toyota 86) – First Dominican driver to be granted a Formula DRIFT license
· Dan Burkett (RAD Industries / Nexen Tire Toyota Supra) – Co-owner of popular race shop RAD Industries
· Josh Robinson (Australian Ute) – First year in Pro 1
· Kyle Mohan (Mazdatrix Mazda MX-5) – 15-year Formula DRIFT veteran; Co-owner of Kyle Mohan Racing
Additional Nexen team drivers will announced at a later date.