Braking news: ACDelco expands Advantage line
ACDelco has released 75 new part numbers in its Advantage family of premium entry-level brake pads and shoes. The new parts increase coverage to more than eight out of 10 passenger cars and light trucks in North America, says ACDelco. More rollouts are being planned.
The new products cover selected Audi, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ford, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Toyota, AMC, Volkswagen and Mazda models. They are currently available for order via EPIC. They will be available from the ACDelco eCatalog in September. Currently, the ACDelco Advantage friction lineup includes more than 360 part numbers.
“All of our brake friction lines – Advantage, Professional DuraStop and OE – are experiencing double-digit sales growth this year, so that tells us we are growing Advantage at the expense of our competitors’ entry-level lines,” says Kurt Pursche, ACDelco brake systems manager. “Our distributors keep asking for more products, and we are hard at work on it.”
ACDelco says Advantage brake pads are:
- Chamfered, slotted and shimmed to provide similar fit, form and function to premium aftermarket brakes.
- Sold with hardware kits when applicable; many competitors charge extra for this.
- Tested to SAE J2430 and J2784 using BEEP analysis to ensure consistent braking.
- Differentiated from other ACDelco brake offerings with a grey finish.
- Covered by a 12-month, 12,000-mile warranty.
The entire ACDelco family of brake products consists of:
- ACDelco Advantage – Premium entry-level aftermarket quality at a more economical price.
- ACDelco Professional DuraStop – Premium aftermarket quality with premium features associated with original equipment brake products.
- ACDelco Original Equipment Service – These products deliver uncompromising brake service.
To find an ACDelco parts retailer, visit acdelco.com or call 1-800-ACDelco.