BFGoodrich Tires named ‘Official Street Tire’ of SCCA
BFGoodrich Tires takes the green flag as 2011 begins with a multi-faceted partnership with Sports Car Club of America (SCCA), the premier amateur racing organization in the U.S. With this partnership, BFGoodrich Tires is named the “Official Street Tire” of the SCCA and is presenting the prestigious multi-race “Super Tour.” BFGoodrich Tires and SCCA are also developing special programs including prizes for workers, a racer contingency program and street-tire programs, as well as providing engineering and marketing support for all of the company’s products.
“The passion of SCCA members and BFGoodrich Tires is one and the same – to have the most fun on four tires as possible while increasing a car’s performance on the track and street,” said Duane Thomas, marketing communications manager, BFGoodrich Tires. “Our multi-year partnership with SCCA encompasses the people, the cars and the events that allow enthusiasts to do what they do best with the guidance of the most historic and accomplished organization appealing to all car enthusiasts out there.”
BFGoodrich Tires has a long history in SCCA competition, from the Radial T/A–equipped Trans-Am “Tire Birds” in the 1970s to the 2010 Touring 3 national championship-winning Honda of Chad Gilsinger on BFGoodrich g-Force R1 tires.
The BFGoodrich Tires / SCCA partnership includes:
• A BFGoodrich Tires benefit program for SCCA members.
• The creation of the BFGoodrich Tires SCCA Super Tour.
• Honoring the volunteers that put on SCCA events as the sponsor of the BFGoodrich Tires Worker of the Year awards, including free sets of tires and other prizes to recipients.
• Special SCCA racer contingency programs.
• Displays, engineering and sales support at a variety of SCCA events.
• SCCA certification of select BFGoodrich Tires retailers.
"SCCA and BFGoodrich Tires have a long history together and we are very pleased to be working with them on a comprehensive program,” said Jeff Dahnert, president and CEO, SCCA. “BFGoodrich’s reputation for quality and performance is exactly what our members look for in automotive products. This new arrangement will benefit both organizations and especially our members as we work together to grow our programs."