Tire Industry Conference set for March 2004
Clemson University will present the 20th annual Tire Industry Conference March 10-12, 2004, at the Hilton Head Marriott in Hilton Head, S.C.
The conference will have presentations from representatives in the fields of tire manufacturing, academia, the government and tires and vehicles.
Some of those speakers include Harvey Brodsky, managing director of the Tire Retread Information Bureau; Guy Edington, managing director at Kumho's Technical Center; Hideo Hara, executive vice president at Bridgestone Corp.; Kevin Rohlwing, senior vice president of education and technical services for the Tire Industry Association (TIA); Terry Westhafer, president and general manager of Central Tire Corp.; and many more.
Subjects will include:
* The tire industry after the Transportation Recall Enhancement, Accountability and Documentation (TREAD) Act: Compliance and challenges
* The future of the tire industry in the developed economies
* Global tire cord trends -- a view in the Far East
* OE tires or replacement tires: Which delivers the highest consumer satisfaction?
* The automotive industry and market: Challenges and concerns
* The effects of tire aging on laboratory tests of tire performance
* Update on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's tire rulemaking
* The effect of low inflation pressure on dual truck tire durability
* Recent run-flat technology on conventional wheels
* Plus sizing -- where does it end?
* What's up in Congress for the tire industry?
* The current state of truck tire inflation pressure, its impact on fleet costs and possible technological solutions
* Tire innerliners
* Tire pressure reserve -- petition for rulemaking
* The practice of using nitrogen instead of air in commercial tires
* Understanding the tire-pavement interaction process
* Retreading in the 21st century: A view from the front line
* Tires are meant to be worn out, not thrown out
* TIA's passenger and light truck tire conditions and out-of-service guide: An important resource for the industry
* Tire-derived aggregate (TDA) -- Unique solutions for construction
* Applying technology to improve the speed to market of new products
For a copy of the program, registration or further information, contact Kay James at Clemson University at (864) 656-2200, by fax at (864) 656-3997 or visit the Web site www.clemson.edu/success.